Sunday 7 April 2013

Wow

It has been the most AMAZING weekend.  So far.  And it's only Sunday...

It began, like the best weekends do, on Friday night, with a party - wonderful people, music, fantastic food, free-flowing wine - it had all of that.  BUT.  This one wasn't just any party.  We were all there to celebrate someone who nearly wasn't.  Over the last year, since an accident left her severely injured, she's fought a battle most of us can't imagine, every single day, to overcome the problems it's left her with.  It's ongoing, but she's one of the most extraordinary and inspirational and awesome girls I know.  She's surprised all kinds of people along the way and I've a feeling she'll continue to do that for some time to come.  It was some party.
It kind of reminds you of what matters, which is actually what a reviewer wrote about my book.  I'm as guilty as anyone about obsessing about stuff most of which never turns out the way you think it will.  About stuff that in the grand scheme of things, is just details.  Bit of a waste of time, when you think about it.

Anyway, Saturday was just as amazing.  My lovely Tom (age 16) has been on a gliding course for the week.  He's had the most fantastic time, met great people, got up early (yes, he really did) and on Saturday, he went SOLO.  It's a big, big deal.   One of those things that stays with you.  I remember mine clearly, only the difference is that while I was completely terrified, Tom was up there for over an hour and would have stayed up there, only they needed his glider back... I guess all good things come to an end.  But I have a warm, fuzzy feeling and I'm ever so slightly proud.  Like I'm telling everyone I talk to and will be for weeks, probably for years.  CONGRATULATIONS Tom!! x   

And it's only Sunday.  The sun is shining, that Arctic blast has finally buggered off... Dare I say it - Spring???  That would be something too. 

Hope your weekend has been amazing x

1 comment:

  1. Hello Debbie!
    What a lovely blog - I'm so glad I came to visit, and yay Tom! God, I don't know how you could watch - I struggle with my daughters on ponies, and they're only four foot off the ground.
    I can't figure out how to Follow your Blog - am I being thick? And are you on FB or Twitter?

    Anyway, thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, and I'm so pleased to meet you,

    Best wishes,

    Carlie

    ReplyDelete